Saturday, November 1, 2008

Conversation

"Mom, I am running low on candy. I have only 12!" Nathalie
"Hmmm, I am sooo sorry. I wish I could help you with that." Me
"Daddy would buy me more." Nathalie
"That is fact." Tad
Nathalie:(Arms held up dramatically, eyes heavenward) "I need more candy to last the winter!!!"-mock renting of clothing and hair...

Personally, we can just live on milk! I have 3 gallons in my fridge and no one else to give it too! It really saves us money, it costs us so much less in food costs for goats and chickens than a good brand of milk and eggs. Not even the best one, just a decent brand. Now the kids drink milk and eat twice as many eggs. I dont think they lacked for either, all the same I have never said, sure go ahead drink away, yeah sure, boil some eggs for snack. I wasnt a communist about these foods, just didnt offer them a lot.

I am not saying it will work for everyone, just like cloth diapers may not. However, they are great ways to save money and agriculteral animals are just great for kids.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trust me, I will totally eat more tomatoes, broccoli, okra, corn, potatoes, cabbage, squash, berries, and heaven knows what else when I'm growing it and don't have to pay horrid grocery prices for low-quality fresh food at wal-mart.