Friday, October 31, 2008

Since you've been gone


Since you've been gone

I've been playin cinderella
I've been wearing your big hat
helping mommy at the barn
No, we're not afraid of the dark
I've been drawing pretty pictures
of mommy just for you
I've been playin' daddy
with all the tools I can find
Been holding mommys hand
in the store just like you
I remind her of the candy
you would have bought were it you
We've been waiting by the phone
We've been swallowing our tears
You take care of mommy
Now we're following your path
I've been standing tall and straight
Trying to be a man like you
I remember how you are silly
and you made mommy laugh
Whenever she cries I do the same as you
I'll dance and laugh
I'll wear that hat and try to wear your boots
I'll be the man, I promise dad
I'll make her laugh, I swear I'll try
Since you've been gone.



No comments: