Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lots of pictures


Top picture is of scaredy squirrels house. This has been mentioned in previous posts. The right side (as you stand looking at it) is the emergancy area where nuts and first aid things will be stored. Tad lives in the "top house" and she lives below. It actually does hold his weight due to reinforcing of thick cardboard and you guessed it, duct tape! This one took an afternoon and evening.

Below pictures:
I caught nathalie standing and working on top of her desk. Her doll babies head has fallen off and she is trying to fix it.




Bread making, they are getting pretty good.


Me, yes I look rather disinterested, I wasnt expecting to be photographed that very second.

Below:
This is the back of our land, everything you see is ours. To the right, are most of our outbuildings including goat barn. The left is the back of our house.

These following pictures are of our rr track walk, the cat came with us and wanted to be carried home. She fell asleep on me. The kids had a great time, we found many neat bugs, birds and the neighbors cows.








These 2 below are of Tad and Nathalie fixing the poles on the dog sled downstairs.




These next 3 pictures are of Nathalie being me. They are out of cinc. First one was actually in the ratty, slightly trashy dressing gown and my shoes. I mean that dressing gown is ragged and sad, and made of some very cheap shiny material. She loves it though... The shoes and "purse" are mine. Frank hates these shoes, they are affectionately called the potato shoes bc they look like poor irish farmer shoes. My purse is an old diaper bag which I love. Her baby doll, well that clearly doesnt represent me in any way...




Pair of pants I made, these are particularly nice. The zipper went in easy but I broke the button when applying it. As I have no husband here to pry it off, it will fall off on its own and I can replace it then.


Dog sled, description under next photo.

A dog sled, you can clearly see balto. Now there are pcs of yarn for him to hold while he yells mush.


This is Tads doghouse, this one also took a whole evening. His dog door allowed him to work inside and still "have air."

This is a picture of Tad and Nathalies high chair, this is patterned after baby high chairs that have no legs. They are made to sit on a regular chair. This creation took them a whole evening.


Nathalie dressed herself as an old lady, padded with blankets and dressing gown. She was trying to look crotchty, I think she came off as silly.

2 comments:

nana said...

Hmmm....Nattie is looking more and more like me, tall, thin with an ability to look rather meanish!

Jo Abair said...

Rather? If she is anything like you it will be a bit more than rather! JK... She does look just like you doesnt she? I have pictures of you as a child, she definately has your legs and thank goodness your hair! Unlike mine, it can be brushed.