Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy thanksgiving, 2 min ago.

Sometimes I feel sorry for myself, having to be without my husband. Tonight I was listening to 3rd day Christmas music and he was singing about an orphan girl in the cold on Christmas because she couldn't go to her family yet. He was singing for HER not those missing her.

So this thanksgiving, I am thankful for the man I married. He is the best man I know. And it is him who is away for the holidays, not me. I am here, where he was, in his home. With his pictures, his hat and his boots. Most of all, his children.

I am thankful for this. Thankful to God for my blessings, for salvation, for my children, my husband, my family.

Thankful to the soldiers who serve away from home on the holidays. I don't think you have days off deployed, even if you are having down time, time spent with a gun at arms reach is not time off. I am grateful to all of them for the chance to be here safe.

Thankful that my children are here safe, not a child soldier, not an orphan, not unloved or neglected.

To my soldier, thank you for being the best man I know. For being a wonderful daddy, an amazing husband, a strong leader and my best friend. I love you.

No comments: