Thursday, November 27, 2008

Diaper art


So this is something I am proud of, I am an instant gratification kind of person. So I make diapers quickly, if a diaper takes very long, I wont make it twice. Which is why I dont make 40 $ a diaper and yes, some people do! I make form and function, not fancy. I do feel proud that this one is so pretty. The top picture here is a double layer wool wrap.


This is the fitted diaper, the wool wrap and the topstitched insert. There are tiny leaves all the way around the insert, the sulky thread on this breaks easily so it was 30 min just topstitching that while paying attention for a break. You can see this set in my store on hyenacart, www.hyenacart.com/jolisart







I ordered some cheap linen drawstring bags in a coop, just because you never know when you might need them. Each child earned 2 of them for turning them all right sides out (they came unturned) and tying off the drawstring ends so we dont lose them. I didnt ask them to do this, it was Tads idea and they had fun. They spent about an hr on it, I bought 50 bags!



These are knits I ordered for diaper outers, knit diapers dont pill up as much as flannel but they are much more expensive because of the knit prices. Some of these are the kids. The spider one at bottom left is for Tad pjs, the horsie knit and octopus knit are for Nathalie's new nightgowns (nowties) and then some are for my new nephew due in april.

No comments: