Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More Talk

"We need a stuffed squirrel, I made a scaredy squirrel house and I dont have a squirrel baby." Tad makes cardboard items that are realistic, such as a dog house with dog door, a baby doll crib etc. He heard the scaredy squirrel book at a friends house so is making "the book."

"Well I am going to make my own stuffed squirrel." Nathalie who has made a hammerhead shark out of fabric.

"There are alternatives to making your own. Or buying your own."Tad says

"Yeah you can catch one!" Me

"Yes, and he would be right at home. There are curtains."Tad

"Ugly curtains." Nathalie

"Mom, why dont you have curtains?" Tad

"Um, I dont like them. They make me uncomfortable and they are ugly. Besides, they are not much of a deterrant."

"Why?" Both

"Because if a someone wants to look in your house, curtains wont help a lot. That only dissuades good people. Bad guys dont fear curtains."

"Bad guys fear chain saws. We could hang chain saws from the windows." Tad. Hmm, yes thats what I expected my 7 yr old to suggest for home protection!

"Tad I dont think thats the best idea." Me

"Oh, do you think circular saws would be better? Because I thought chain saws were just more intimidating." Tad.

Wow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can see it now...small toy chain saws serving as the highlight of window treatments in rural Kansas.

What would the house listing say in describing the unique window treatments to be left for the buyer??

Children are so funny...