Tuesday, November 18, 2008

School again


This was part of school yesterday, each child helped with measurements adding them to the bowl. Then they took turns mixing, turing on oven, greasing pan. Once they were done, they got to learn how it tasted! This was a very yummy banana cake. Low sugar but had chocolate chips, this is definately one we will do again. Tad didnt like it, well he said he did but this meant he would pick out the chocolate chips and then say, I am not hungry. Hmmm. Our local homeschool friends enjoyed it as well.


This was an interesting science experiment. I had a piece of very nice sage green wool flannel and I wanted to make some wooly pants to sell from it. However, as it was a "free gift" in a pkg of fabric I ordered this summer, I couldnt be sure that it was 100 % wool. I needed to know before selling it so I took a tablespoon of bleach and a tiny square of the wool and put them in a bowl. The kids enjoyed stirring it and trying not to breathe (which was best), while it dissolved. It dissolved completely, there were not even any threads left. Had there been an acrylic or lycra content, I assume there would have been fibers left from this but I cant be sure. I have a piece with lycra that we will test.





No comments: