Saturday, November 22, 2008

Daddy dinner


I have had a hard time uploading these, I had to do it one picture at a time! I had a hard day today, seemed like I was constantly busy and wasnt with the kids. This evening they seemed a bit bummed, we had to go to the grocery store so I had them pick a "daddy dinner."


They picked eggs, sausage and tator tots and as you see, they largly made dinner. Tad did the eggs, she did sausage and I put the tator tots in the oven.



This is the first time Nathalie has "cooked." She was pleased and said, it was easier than kneading bread!


Then of course because it was daddy dinner, we needed a movie to go with it. We watched Avatar re-runs which Daddy likes.


Here they are with their plates.


And whats a daddy dinner without ice cream? No Nathalie didnt eat all of that and Tad wanted mint chocolate chip because he remembered eating it with daddy once a long time ago when we lived in our tennessee apartment (duplex-and he was 2!) so we bought a big container of it bc there was no little one.


And then we needed to have a recreation of the clemintine book cover, she can stand on one hand (her head isnt on the floor but then again its a drawing) with her finger and feet on the doorframe.


Here is Tad helping Nathalie with that task.

Some of tonights conversation:

"Daddy likes to help you in the kitchen, but he hates dishes. Why does he help you?" Tad asked.

"I think its because he likes me and he might even think I am cute." Me, and giggle by both kids

"Why do you help him in the shop?" Nathalie

"Um, because I like him and I think he's cute." Me

"OH, well I think he is handsome and I would have married him if you hadnt." Nathalie

"You cant nathalie, thats called incest." Tad

"Nathalie I am glad I am quick on the draw because you are pretty cute yourself." Me

"Well anyways, I talk to daddy every night. His yellow shirt is him for now." Yes, she is still sleeping with the naked mermaid t shirt, last night she commented that it still smelled of him. um, I washed that t shirt... It doesnt smell of him but we WONT tell her that bc it pleases her as it is deeply.

Later:
"our eggs have clear parts like clemintine hates." Tad-clementine is a childrens chapter book we are reading/just finished aloud.

"Yes they do, clementine wouldnt eat them." Me

"I would eat the clear parts even if you called me clementine." Nathalie

"Would you name a child that?" Tad

"No." me

"Why?" Tad

"Because its an orange!" Me

"So. I am going to name my boy Scout Isaac." Tad, these happen to be 2 of my fav names though the scout for a girl.

"Tad, scout is a girl name and Isaac is a boy name." Me

"Oh, so Isaac scout for a boy?" Tad, oh yes this helps to switch it up...

After dinner we played 2 games, read Tads favorite book and finished clementine. It was a nice evening, we miss daddy but its fun to do things he would do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I see he's using the bowls I sent. I'm glad you got some use out of them.

On the Nathalie and Frank's shirt thing, it is totally psychological and completely great for her! It's good for her to have something. I'm the same way when John is gone.

Amanda said...

I like the name Isaac but it's Jeremiah's youngest brother's name so that's a no go IF we ever have more kids.

This is somewhat off topic but I was on Youtube the other day listening to June Carter Cash. Her Mom's name was Maybelle and for some reason, I REALLY like it, but cannot stand the name Mabel, it reminds of a cow LOL! But Maybelle reminds me of flowers and spring.

Jo Abair said...

I think that if you live in the right part of the US you could name your child mabel and people will STILL pronounce it Maybelle!!!