Saturday, November 29, 2008

More talk

"Mama, my thumb hurts right here when I color." Nathalie holds out her hand to me.

"Thats because you wont stop sucking your thumb, its chapped there."

"Oh, well I guess I will color with my left hand."

"Why dont you just stop sucking your thumb?"

"Oh no, that wont be necessary, I will just become left handed." Oh great, now why doesnt she just suck her left thumb? I mean she hasnt been thumb specific, its just the right one thats chapped. I guess it healing will take longer than her becoming ambidextrous.

Earlier in convo heard here:

"I just lost a sewing pin." Tad is searching the carpeted area.

"Find it." Me

"Its lost." Tad

"I know, but nobody wants to step on it."

"But if they step on it we will know where it is and it wont be lost." Tad says. I now give him a look that says clearly that isnt going to work and he gives me his question eyes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does Frank read this?

The sometimes twisted logic that children possess amuses me. One would think it would simply be easier to stop sucking one's thumb. And, stepping on the pin and potentially bleeding is easier?? hahaha :)

Jo Abair said...

Well he has only a 33.3 % chance of stepping on it himself as I dont think the cat counts, and if we have friends over his chances get lower and lower as our best friend here has 5 children...So that chance is easier to deal with than giving up his valuble time doing pin hunts.