Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My son


My son split this log. He is 8 yrs old. WOW! I know, this may not be the most impressive thing in the world, but seems pretty impressive to me. He weighs 50 pounds whole pounds and he considers himself "the man of the house" for now and has done a variety of things that I wouldnt have thought possible for an 8 yr old. Including helping me do away with the leftovers a dead guinea hen (half eaten by some predator...), fixing an extension cord, moving a huge leftover stump using leverage (a stump I had failed to move after numerous attempts), running the house for 2 days (cooked dinner-bean soup) when I was ill, the list goes on. Nathalie is also quite impressive, but this is his post. His log, that he split alone. He is so proud we havent managed to put it on the fire. I think the log and Tad have agreed that the log stay there until may so that Daddy can see it.

No comments: