Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wardrobe

Photobucket 
Its time to start the wardrobes... I am behind technically because my daughter looks like an unwanted orphan. I bought some blue jeans for Tad,though his shirts are pitiful still. I make new white t shirts for him and he stains them-he does not like colored t shirts. So I am working on Nathalie's wardrobe. She wanted some skirts to wear this winter, she will  have some wool underskirts/petticoats. And wool leggings.
  Photobucket 
When I was growing up, there were a lot of Pentecostal families in our area.They wore long, shapeless, denim skirts and usually oversized t shirts. It made them stand out in a not so lovely way. I felt bad for them, but I probably looked the same with my step-dad's weird rules. Anyway, I grew up and met a lot of people of different religions who wore dresses all of the time tastefully.
  Photobucket 
I embarked on this skirt knowing that if I described it, mama would say, no, not a good look. However, it turned out very nice! I had no pattern so I measured her waist, hips, waist to knee and waist to ankle and marked/cut this piece of fabric. It was not big enough for pants but a skirt worked out fine-lots of pockets and no fabric left over! 
  Photobucket 
I cannot wear long skirts-they make me look even shorter and rather dumpy. Nathalie, however, is a size 8 in width and as tall as avg 11 yr olds, taller than some 12 yr olds. She will officially be 10 on Tuesday. My mom is tall and has very long legs,which Nathalie inherited. The drawstring is just for looks. 
  Photobucket 
It is so adorable on her! Its a big girl skirt, my baby is not a baby anymore... I made the shirt about 3 wks ago,and she loves it because its a "slimfit"which means a big girl shirt according to her. I have 2 more skirts to make, she designed and drew out patterns for both. She will make one and I will make the other-then we will get stencils and make her shirts printed with fabric paint. I think she wants them all to say, "Daddy's Girl" and "I like Thor."

No comments: