Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy birthday Girl Punk

Photobucket 
This is some salad, just from our garden. It was pretty so I am giving you a picture, the purple salad greens taste a little like a mild pepper. They came in a variety of "specialty green seeds" so I do not know what they are. The rest are spinach. 
  Photobucket 
Nathalie made a card and a present for me, we share the same birthday. I was wearing my working clothes still, forgive the look. stained jeans and holey shirts are kinda my norm.
  Photobucket 
She had some pieces of ribbon that were sent to me in some fabric, she spent weeks making a card for me. Coloring and drawing when I wasnt around. the little tiny box was handmade by her, including a little pillow with a pretty green rock that she has had for years. 
  Photobucket 
Tad bought a card for me that was supposedly going to incinerate something. Classy. They both got Itunes cards for me to buy some music with. 
  Photobucket 
Tad acting like he doesnt love it when I hug him. Which is unreasonable. He hugs me on purpose. 
  Photobucket 
Nathalie is wearing a party dress that mom bought her last yr, all she does is get taller! 
  Photobucket 
We gave her presents before people got here, well present. They are old enough now that they get 1 big thing. Tad got a 30/30 when he turned 11. He bought an ipod for himself recently and she loved it, so we bought one for her birthday. 
  Photobucket 
I made a card for her in the "if you give a moose a muffin" style. So it has a poem and pictures drawn, she LOVES handmade cards. Reading the little poem was much too much work so she went to daddy for that. 
  Photobucket 
Opening her gift...
  Photobucket 
Of course he bought the pink otter box for her. she loves it! She already has some games on it. The reason for ipods for both of the kids is music. They love music and like to have it in the car. or in the shop, we can plug in an ipod in the shop, or even out at the barn site and listen to music. 
  Photobucket 
Tad trying to look cool. Frank calls him Goldilocks (reference from the movie avengers, Director Fury from Shield calls Thor Goldilocks-though Frank says he does NOT mean that Tad is Thor or Thor-like) and I call him snowball. My grampie called my white-haired brother snowball and I loved it. Tad is proud of his hair, and does not mind being called a girl. He works like a man, and he knows it. 
  Photobucket 
Nathalie and small cousin. Small cousin lives here with her family-her mom is actually my cousin and was born and raised here. I took pictures of everyone at the party but they didnt all come out great so I wont post them here... Nathalie had me french braid her hair for her party, it is so tight her braids bend like wire!
  Photobucket 
She is even wearing make up and jewelry... my baby be all grown up. 
  Photobucket 
And making wishes...we of course do not know what they are though I suspicion they have something to do with NO MORE DEPLOYMENT. 
  Photobucket 
The candles were Lego candles, though Nathalie was disappointed that they didnt have proper backs. They cannot be put together. Rachel (party-goer and our friend who owns the RV park we stayed in) took some of the pictures. 
  Photobucket 
Tad couldnt find a fork so he went for the chopsticks. Rachel and Brian thought this photo worthy. Like Frank, Tad can eat pretty much anything with chopsticks. They still total stump me.

We had a great birthday, we got the barnyard fence done earlier in the day and all the animals moved out there to the larger space. I will blog photos of that one the rain lets up, I need finished product photos.  

No comments: