Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Whats up?

I have been gone for several days from here and I am too tired to upload pictures so none for this time. Will try to get some up for daddy in a few hrs, we are loving the snow!

My kids spent most of the day yesterday outside in the snow, I am very glad I found Mich Dray (a coop mod that sells wool) as I own a huge amt of wool and my children own a huge amt of soft wool underclothes and sweaters. Oh and I am glad for Lands end! Their waterproof boots, coats and gloves that are thin and warm down to -10 are wonderful!

It is still snowing though lightly, I dont know much we have. Some people said only 4 inchs, but we had more out here. Maybe bc its the great plains and the wind brought it to us! People in town seem to have less. The goats do not love it. I dont love getting dressed to go out as its a long affair, and no, not bc I strew my things out across the house like union suit, wool socks, hat etc. Once I am out, I thourougly enjoy the cold air, it isnt very windy right now.

We are making bread, making x mas gifts, getting ready for Nana, Aunt Scarlett and Uncle John, oh and Nika (pronounced Neekah) who is residing in Aunt Scarletts belly. His name is Niklas but we have affectionately nicknamed him! This is my sisters first child and as I am a girl, I do get a bit teary with happiness about it.

Today we are going to town hopefully, the roads are pretty bad. I am stopping by the PO to see what the PO lady thinks on the roads. She has lived here her whole life and can tell me (she drives in 13 miles to work) if going to town (6 miles one way) should wait or if its fine. I feel that we are low on alfalfa and I hate to be low on that if we get a bad storm as its what the goats eat right now. So I am on my way to stock up on grains and grass! Oh and coffee for the mama!

No comments: