Sunday, December 21, 2008

God the con

We bought frank a video camera for christmas. The children and I and Franks brother Jacob and wife Tristin. I sent it out to him day after thanksgiving. Then a few days later I sent a drill and a jigsaw to him. Packages sent after this date arrived to him in a timely manner, however these 3 packages didnt. I insured them, but insurance only covers the pkg until it leaves the US. (The PO doesnt tell you this of course...) At any rate, 3 mornings ago I prayed and asked God to please let him get his packages. I knew at this point he more than likely wouldnt as the other pkgs had arrived, I considered these 3 stolen.

I promised God however, as I knew he could redirect stolen items, that if the pkgs arrived I would stop biting the little dry edges of my fingers. This is a habit my husband hates because it tears up my hands, looks awful and makes them bleed and hurt. As it happens, this last wk had been stressful and they looked like they had gone through a meat grinder... Literally 3 mornings after I had made this promise to God, Frank got all 3 pkgs.

As another point of fact, I get occasional cold sores. I feel them coming on and can ice and prevent them. Well on this morning, I awoke with not 1 but 3 of them! With no warning. I am unable to bite the edges of my fingers with a full blown cold sore bc the salt burns the sore. So not only did God remember my promise and uphold his end of the bargain, he made proper arrangments for the upholding of my part! Now my lip hurts and my fingers are healing and itchy and have dry edges that I wish to bite!

Everyone knows you cant go back on a promise to God. There are verses on this and that aside, he kept his end! Now some will say he would have gotten the packages anyways. I dont care. In my mind, God made sure of it and now I have to keep my promise but I think it was VERY SNEAKY AND CON LIKE OF Him to arrange it thus.

2 comments:

Kenji said...

lol, I love it when God does stuff like that. Happens to me all the time, and I'm left shaking my head wondering why I ever stressed about it. Glad your prayers were answered. I remember having to scratch your chigger bites because you never had nails from the biting... hadn't thought about that until now... I never did bite, but my daughter has a horrible habit. It started when she was a baby and I don't know how to stop her. Guess I should just talk to God about it huh.

Jo Abair said...

You cant promise God anything on her behalf, too bad! You can pray with her, and ask her to ask God to help her stop. It may really work! Its no fun for me not being able to bite them... Oh well. One cant break a promise to God and I think he DESIGNED THIS!!!