Thursday, December 11, 2008

moose, semi and more


This is the "trash" I took from my childrens rooms against their will. They of course refer to this stuff as "treasures."



Pictures of them trying to cover the "get rid of" with their bodies








These two pictures are of moosy lucy, Nathalies pet moose that my mom picked up in AK. You may remember than Lucy was abducted once by a marauding dog, and she also lived through a tornado on the 3rd floor! Daddy rescued her shortly afterwards. Here she is listening to x mas music with nathalie and she honestly seems to be enjoying it. I think she is smiling at the camera in the lower picture... I know, I might be bent.


This is Tads semi truck, it has a cab, an inner part that comes out of the trailor and this is where turtle rides. Geico the Gecko (compliments of angela our friend in SC who visited) is the driver and the rhino rides in the back section that hooks on somehow, he is for protection and you can clearly see his revolver in the 1st picture.




Nathalie was sick yesterday morning, she woke me up and was throwing up. It didnt last long, she hadnt felt well during the night but the morning sickness was only a few hours. Mama Nikki in GA, our herbalist, was able to figure out which homeopathic she should take and shortly after she fell asleep for the afternoon and woke up fine. Wouldnt it be nice to "stay home sick" if you are homeschooled? This means mommy full time and a very comfortable couch and your pick of the movies, oh and a brother who was more than happy to clean up when she threw up, both her and the floor while I was out at the barn.

This was the morning before, we had a bit of snow and it was quite cold. I know he is white so its hard to see, this is frankie, Nathalie's snow baby. He has stick arms, pine cone mouth and eyes (tad scouted far and wide for little ones for her) and a carrot nose.
Lastly, while I was trying out some settings on my neat camera, which I am of course well versed on, I took this picture. Yes that was an awful run on sentence but this is MY blog not my english class. I was trying to find the best setting for my lighting but clearly should have cleaned up first. What a mess! And I honestly didnt even notice it until I saw this picture on my computer 2 days later.

4 comments:

nana said...

Hey, moosy lucy came from Minnesota. Porcupine came from Alaska. I'd comment more, but I AM watching football, and one MUST set one's priorities! (She did not get the no tv idea from me) Great pics, by the way. Oh, it is a commercial....And I thought that only people from Tennessee had squirrel for breakfast! Can Kansas match the fried brains and eggs? People here can eat the grossest things. I like cream of wheat, and they look at me like I am crazy.

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah LOVES squirrel and he's from West Virginia, so it's not just people from Tennessee. He says he could go for squirrel gravy at any time any day of the week. Lord help us, what's a matter with all you non-Californians? You're all so bizarre!

Doesn't a vegan bulgar and black bean burger on handmade wholewheat cracked ciabatta bread (oh no wait, that's carbs and Californians don't eat carbs. Make it wrapped in Romain lettuce) with homemade garlic chipotle mayo, organic spinach and watercress and avocado and oven baked sweet potato fries on the side sound delicious to you?? (and NO, I don't eat that crap, just being stereotypical. Actually I might eat it, it doesn't sound bad really.)

And speaking of avocado...the other day out at lunch, I ordered an albacore (alright, it's just tuna!) sandwich and I'm not kidding you, there was half an avocado on both sides. How lucky am I? It was a good avi too. Probably from Mexico and I probably now have jardia or something, but hey, it was worth it!

Jo Abair said...

Okay that sandwich sounded WONDERFUL and I guess people from all places are bent bc I wouldnt eat squirrel for a million dollars! Okay maybe.
Thanks mom for taking the time by the way to visit my blog!
And avocados are delicious. I could eat them every day, that and tomatoes, and cream of wheat... Oh I like good for you food!
Squirrel gravy, Jeremiah, doesnt fall into good for you category!

Unknown said...

Yeah football is a must and no tv kinda interrupts that whole concept.

Thanks mom for pointing out that we did indeed find moosy luch in Minnesota!!