Monday, October 3, 2011

Legos

Photobucket
Nathalie got new Legos in the mail. They are from daddy and me, but I think if you ask her they are from daddy. Tad got an electric guitar and amp, both for playing 1 yr + (and playing well) and for being a huge help this year. Nathalie chose Legos. She spent much time with a catalogue going over her choices, and we have some sort of village here.
Photobucket
And the boat, fisherman, and fisherman's son. There is another set too, it is in progress. Both kids love Legos and spend many hours building.
Photobucket
I snapped this with my new camera, not on purpose. I mean I did push the button on purpose but just to see what it would do. This is what I got, he is such a big person now! He will be bigger than me very soon. He is learning to beat box, something I would have minded a few years ago. He has an ability to copy any sound that he hears, sounds that are not really human. He can make the sounds that keyboards make, he does thunderstorm sounds, light saber noises, alien voices, the sounds of battle and now, beat box. I believe it was at my suggestion, really joking but partially serious. I do not mind how it sounds and it appeals to his musical mind. Nathalie is the puzzler for sure, she was overheard telling him multiple times that he was putting the wrong pieces in the wrong spots for the Lego build. She doesnt need directions for building or for puzzles, she can solve any puzzle and tie/untie any knot. Skills that I do not have... I can, however, beat box!

No comments: