Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sewing and hanging out










I dont like blogging without pictures bc I love other peoples pictures! I am disappointed when someone blogs with no visual aids... How juvenile of me!

Yesterday I made nathalie a new outfit, she needed something darker. I end up using more spray n wash than you can imagine every time we are near clay. My best friend in Ga has plenty of this orange junk, and now Nathalie has something that wont be ruined by it! I had the mauve interlock and ribbing that matched, just a leftover pc in my fabric stock. The denim is a soft hand with flower embroidery that my mom bought on sale last winter. I made the pants with mock fly, hidden front pockets, back pockets, ribbed waistband, tons of topstitching (makes them look so store bought, and I mean from a nice store!) and the shirt is just a long sleeve t. I make hers with ribbed bands at the sleeves so they dont get all wet at the sink.

They spent an hr lounging, my mom left yesterday and we were all a bit bummed. They watched a movie in the living room, afterwards when I asked them to clean up, Nathalie obliged by cleaning her brother up from the floor. She pushed him all the way to his room in this fashion! He is wearing his new wooly pants, 100 % washable wool terry that feels amazing! They make great gym pants, pj pants, house pants... Her hair in the first pic looks neat going to one side, I caught her in the picture sitting up fast.

I will blog the pants later, I have had some requests on how to make the ribbed waistband on most of their pants, and also on mock fly.

No comments: