Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tad's Winter Wardrobe

These are the clothes I have made for Tad so far this season, I have at least 1 more pr of pants to go!
My sister sent me a nice piece of camo, I have cut out a pr out of the camo just like these green pants. I will list them when they are done!
The olive green pants and jacket were for his halloween costume. The jacket has US Army and his last name as well as E6 rank from one of Franks old BDU tops. The pockets on the top are gusseted for more space. The pants pockets are the same on the legs, the back pockets are flat. The top of the pants are made like blue jeans, internal pockets and a zipper. I dont have a denim button so the button part isnt finished yet. The long sleeve shirt is an oatmeal interlock, this is the softest I have felt! This shirt is his and Nathalies, they share all gender neutral shirts and some pants as they are almost the same size.
The brown and black pants are the same pattern, an ottobre short pant pattern modified for winter. The pockets are gusseted and they are both a topstitching masterpiece! They both have a wide ribbed waistband for comfort with 2 inch elastic. They report that this feels very good on their waist, they never have elastic marks and the pants are really easy on/off.
The shirts match the pants for both of these outfits, the camo matches the brown and the red shirt matches the ribbing and topstitching on the black. The brown pants are organic bamboo cotton twill and the black is organic cotton. The shirts are all made from fabric purchased from sewzannes.com, she sells the best kids knits!
The army clothes were made from a piece of lightweight denim/heavy twill that my mom had leftover from years ago. It was a wonderful weight for winter, I have lots left and plan to use it more. It softens in the wash quickly and doesnt wrinkle quite as much as the black!
Yes, these are wrinkled bc I dont iron, its why I like to sew with knits!
Next I will post Nathalies clothes so far!












No comments: