Saturday, November 10, 2007

Nathalie's Winter Wardrobe

Some of these pictures of Nathalie make me laugh, she has such a sense of style! The shirt with purple and white is not one I made, but it looks nicer with the purple jeans than the camo shirt!
The purple jeans are a lightweight denim pc my mom purchased. The ribbed waistband is very comfi and soft, the tan pants have the same waistband in pink. The tan pants are a 3 % lycra stretch cotton twill. They dont wrinkle! They were made from a modified ottobre pattern for an older girl.
The purple denim were made with no pattern and are a bit too big. The long sleeve pink tee with the tan pants is a bamboo blend, its very soft and drapey. She wore this for halloween with a matching pink skirt and white leggings, oh I didnt take a picture with that... I will get to that!
The stripey shirt with the print pink pants is NOT I repeat NOT an appropriated outfit! The shirt was a hand me down and the pants I did make, they are really cute with her blue turtle neck. The blue turtle neck needs to be handwashed now, I think she is probably child number 8 wearing it, except my mom bought it used so it may be even more.
The blue pants are 100 % washable wool, its the most wonderful fabric! Its a terry so its smooth on one side and loopy on the other. I bought another 10 yards after the first 2 its so nice. I want to make pants for my mom, and myself. Oh and Frank wants a pr... She wears these to bed, under dresses, over leotards, Tad wears them to gym and today I cut out his pr!
The long sleeve blue print dress is last years, I saw this type dress in lands end kids for 28 $ so I started making them for her. I made her a green washable wool one this year, but it was too big and was a perfect fit on my God daughter so she is wearing it this year.
The pink wooly gown was cut down from a lands end womens wool henley. Mom bought it and it was too small for both her and me under the arms so we cut it down for Nathalie and made her a "wooly gown." She loves wool, anything wool gets named wooly, wooly dress, wooly gown and just woolies for her pants. Its the one fabric she can detect right away. She will love Kansas winters!
The pink gown is on its 3rd year for her so like the blue dress is a bit short in the sleeves. The wooly gown was mid calf the first year and we had to roll the sleeve!
Thats it so far, new leotards are cut out, 2 more pr pants need to be cut and 2 shirts. And she has chosen a pc of striped fabric for a new long sleeve t shirt dress.



















t

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am taking bets as to how soon I get the aforementioned pants!! Mom