Thursday, November 8, 2007

Todays school

This is todays school. Well, not quite. I didnt photo the math and reading books! We were up at 6 this morning, Nathalie and I and Tad was up by 8.

I have wanted for some time to make several meals in one day, to be ahead on work. It seems like evening is the most stressful time for me. Last night we have beef stew that was in the crock pot by 10 am. That was so easy, I did it again!

I made a large skillet of spaghetti sauce at 10 and it cooked all day which makes it very tasty so says Frank. I dont eat it... Then I made chicken noodle soup for tomorrow night, once again the crock pot helped me out on this one. Lastly I made Amish White Bread, it made the whole house smell great! Didnt rise as much as it should, but this is a problem that I have with bread.

Tad and Nathalie were through with school by 10 am. Tad proceeded to teach her how to ride his chopper bicycle which has no training wheels. She was so proud of herself and he was very complimentery.

Next they built a 2 legged table as they called it. Pictured are the tools of choice... Tad would add that he pulled the nails from something else in order to build this.

I finished a custom order today for a woman in Ga., these are so pretty! And unintentionally, they sort of match up. I also made 2 diapers and a pull up, but those are gone and were not photographed.

The picture of Tad sitting on the couch is taken with his ghost. He used a ball, a blanket, and an Iraqi ammo belt(for arms) to create a ghost. Then he used his army hat and his favorite vest to dress him! He towed him around for hrs and the ghost sleeps on his bed now... The vest was made by my mom for my brother Grayson, who is 24 now and over 6 ft tall! I cant imagine him so little, he looked like tad, light hair and blue eyes and he was such fun. He is back from Iraq now and stationed in Germany still, he has traveled to almost every European country during his 2 + years there.

All in all, a good homeschool day. We had a great time, read interesting and funny books, jumped on the trampoline, swung as high as we could-obviously they higher than I as they cant push as well as I can. We rode bikes, we learned to tell time, we learned 8 new french words and 6 new signs... I love this life, being with my children instead of sending them away for me to miss.








No comments: