Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Messy House

I was making up packages yesterday morning, and couldnt find the "paper scissors." These scissors were all once sewing scissors that no longer cut fabric. Each child knows that if they use proper fabric scissors, they will be sold as cuban sugar plantation slaves. I remembered leaving the scissors in my room, from cutting plastic away from (more) bales of fabric.

So as I am walking back down the hallway, I am cutting out labels and letting the paper fall as I walk. Adding to my mess... I arrived back in the living room with cut labels and was reminded of the mess! A yr ago, I would have thrown away the paper cut away immediately. Not now, no, now I just kind of let it be. My living room looks this way daily. I clean it daily, and it looks so wonderful and inviting! Right after cleaning up clutter, doing the dishes, vacuuming the floor, I pull out the table and a stack of fabric and cut/sew/clutter. And I love it.

Is it worth it? Yes yes yes! My children drag out books and puzzles, we read and play throughout the day. Their math books are often open on the floor, to the page they finished and wanted me to write A ++ on. They regularly go through the piles of scraps on the floor to find what they can use for crafts, or sew things together and call it baby doll clothes. They know that 4 o'clock means quick clean! Time to spend 10-20 min cleaning all clutter, games, books, school stuff, art, shoes, cast off clothing (nathalie!) and get all of these items into their rightful homes. Then they wait anxiously for daddy to come and see the neat living room! That mommy will once again clutter...

Even when he is away at school (now), or working until 10, 4 is the time to clean. And then mess up. Especially because there will often be more puzzles and games out for daddy to assist with. When I was first married, and we had 1 small baby, everything was immaculate. And I was wishing so that I had something else to do. And I am so pleased now, even with my messy messy living room. Oh, I left out pics of my bedroom, your welcome!



No comments: