Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


10 yrs ago on September the 8th, I met the love of my life. He walked up to the door of the National Guard Unit and changed my life. I knew then that he would be the father of my children. I fell in love long before hello.



On December the 5th, he will have been a father for 8 years. On July 23rd, he will have been my husband for 9 yrs. Every September 8th is another year for me to have been with my best friend.



Every time he leaves for deployment, a school, the field, we never lack for his attention and time. No matter how exhausted and overworked he is, we get phone calls, emails and letters. When he comes home tired or even sick, his time is spent with us until he falls asleep from the inability to stay awake. He has put himself last in our family always.



Through 2 pregnancies, 2 childbirths, raising 2 children and running a household he has been my constant. He never tires of my questions or needs and never hesitates to help me in any way he can. He has stood by me for all of the decisions, the hard ones and the easy ones. He has given up things for himself for our children to have the best he could offer. He plays with them, he teaches them, he loves them and sets an example of how to be a man and what to expect from a good man. Our children are the most privelidged children I have known.

My love, you changed my world. You continue to fulfill my life in ways I can never thank you for. You are perfect and wonderful and exactly what I needed. When I was 6 years old and decided to grow up and marry, I never imagined how perfect you would be. As I grew into a grown child, a teenager, a woman, I never could have dared to hope to have all that you have given me.

You are the best and strongest man I have known. You have taught me so much and given me so much. Your love is my strength, your care and communication through all that our lives have given us gives me a reason to be strong and move forward in life without fear.

Our children are being raised always knowing how to be strong, how to lead others, how to speak up for themselves, how to care for others in need. They will know how to put their families first, how to be parents. These things are because of you.

I love you with all of my heart, my mind and my soul. I am so happy every day that you are mine, that we are yours. Every day I love you more and every day I am amazed by you. Thank you for being the best father, husband and man that I know. I love you.

No comments: