Saturday, April 25, 2009

Psalms

Tonight I have spoken with a friend (and herbalist) concerning the swine flu that has hit Mexico and some cases have popped up in the US. There is a lot of news on this right now, some saying it could be pandemic. Of course there are some reports that say it could be mild though it can travel quickly from person to person.

2 new cases of this have just popped up in the county I live in. I was worried at first and this worry began to grow for me so I called my mom, emailed my husband and called my herbalist. We talked it over. No response yet from my optomistic husband who rarely worries, mom said she will tell me when to worry and herbalist gave me a bible chapter to read which was wonderful and the children and I have read it together.

We then prayed for the families who have been infected with this, and for those who have lost loved ones. We prayed for them to have strength and trust in God and for them to allow God to come into their hearts and lead them through it.

This is a rather personal blog post. I have recently come into a few things to cause me worry, smallish things that I should not worry about. I want to be able to give my worries to God, he says he will take them for me so why should I hold onto them? I want to be strong in God rather than allowing worries to take over me. My friend gave me these verses to read:

Psalms 91
1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks! Those verses are great. I needed to read them today.