Sunday, April 26, 2009

Education

This is an almond tree. I took the picture because we planted him along with 3 raspberry bushes, 3 blueberry bushes, 1 cherry tree, 1 peach tree and 1 apple tree. Oh and a lot of strawberries. After taking the picture, I was unpleased by how poor the picture was. My mom is a good photographer, always has been. However, with the new digital age she has gotten better as there is no film waste. Now she is taking a photography class. While I was with her in Tn, I was able to benefit from watching her photograph things and just in that few day period I learned a lot. See next photo.
Same photo, different angle. I used the lighting to enhance the photo and the different colors added to the background make the little tree stand out, rather than blend in. Same tree, same 1 minute period. These pictures are taken back to back and are the only pictures I took of this tree, I backed up from it several feet and sat down scrunched so I was quite short (yes thank you for all short jokes just sent my direction). Not saying this is going to win a photography contest, but what a difference! Angle, lighting and color made it a much better picture.


No comments: