Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tough

I do not have any pictures to share with you right now.

Sometimes this life is hard. Sometimes I want to just lay down and quit. Sometimes my children need their hero to come home, sometimes we are not strong. Sometimes we are holding out for the hero till the end of the night, he's gotta be strong, he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be larger than life.

No matter how we hold out, at the end of the night-we are crying and I am sleeping alone. There is no way you can understand unless you have been here. He is not here. We need him, we miss him. We miss our white knight. We are fighting for your freedom, a freedom many of you will not even stand for. It does  not matter if this war is for freedom, oil, or politics. Children suffer for this war, on both sides.

Racing on the thunder, I wait for my hero. I wait for my hero till the end of the night. I have many months to know again what you feel, what I miss. I have to be the everything for my children, for my world. For myself. I have to be strong. I have to be larger than life all alone. People say, Oh I could not do what you do. I could not be all that you are. Oh, I am not capable of that either. I stand here in my old worn out jeans, in my dirty boots looking like it easy but its all pride and its broken.

My daughter does not know all the old songs I know. I told her this.

"You have to wait for a hero, he's gotta be strong, he's gotta be fast, he's gotta be larger than life"
"Like daddy." She say.
"Yeah punk. Like daddy." I am glad she knows. I know she will wait, and my son will be the hero just like his daddy. No matter what. 

No comments: