Thursday, October 30, 2008

Best friends


Had to add at least one picture, Frank did a "camping trip" for the kids in our big back yard before he left. It was what Tad wanted of him before leaving. Nathalie, being slightly fluffier just wanted him to jump on the trampoline each night so he did... This is the kids at during our camping trip, not a perfectly centered picture but not on auto, so there you go. I love how happy they look.

I just found my best childhood friend again! I am so excited... I had to blog! Yesterday I was on renees blog, a bakers dozen. She had a friends picture on their and said it was Kendra's children. The oldest looked like my friend had looked as a child and her name was Kendra also. I emailed Renee right away and asked her to please find out this womans maiden name in case it was my friend I had lost.


I then spent 2 hrs looking online for every permutation of her name I could think of. I finally gave up and went to sleep. Tonight I got onto my blog and scrolled through old posts, looking at pictures of Frank. I was reading comments and came accross one by the very friend I had been searching for. I was amazed! God surely works in mysterious ways. How could this be a coincidence? How did she find me the day after I searched for her?


I commented on her blog, and hope she will email me soon. I am so pleased to have found her. She was my very best childhood friend, I have millions of memories with her in them. I spoke with her when we both had our first babies, and lost her after that. I cannot say enough how pleased I am to have contact with her again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw her blog too! Her children are stunningly beautiful! What a blessing you found each other after all this time. I find that God leads us to each other at just the right time. I love you...

Kenji said...

I have spent years looking for every variation of every name and nickname I knew you used too. :) Of course I didn't make searching for me easy as I have a new nickname and revolving locations. I have such wonderful memories too... we could do amazing things with eucalyptus oil, and haunted barns were awesome, boys were beneath us, and we loved a good mystery, the best word on earth was Melaluca. I still sleep sound enough a baseball bat couldn't wake me, and still require more then 8 hours a night... that used to drive you crazy!! I'd fall asleep in the middle of your sentence. I have since fallen asleep in a refrigerator standing up, while planning a mystery dinner with one of my friends... she's decided I'm useless past 9:00 and doesn't bother anymore. :) The list goes on, but I'm afraid it's too long for a comment... :) Love you!!