Monday, October 13, 2008

Iraq






Frank left Saturday, Oct 11 for Iraq. (moments of silence and a few more tears) The children and I are feeling a little better today though this will not be an easy transition. We have been his shadow since May.
He is the best man I know. He is brave and courageous, he always thinks of us before himself. He would save another to his detriment. He is a man that his children and wife can be forever proud of. He is attentive to his children, affectionate and always teaches them things. He gives them his time even when he is tired.
I will miss him, I will miss his voice and his presence. The air around him has more oxygen than the air around anyone else. My breathing is constricted, and surely that is why. I miss his laugh, his silly sense of humor. I miss the way he looks at me, how he chooses to be with me anytime rather than any other. Most of all I miss his hands and the way he smells. The smell of soap and smoke and corona.
He is my favorite person in the world. I will miss him desperately and count down the days to see him again.

3 comments:

Kenji said...

I can only imagine how much you must miss him! I'll be praying for you and the family! I have always prayed for you, and missed you. Recently I found your blog and then set up my own. Am still trying to figure everything out. :) Hugs, Kendra

Jo Abair said...

Hey! I was looking for you. I commented on your blog, email me okay? Its joabair@yahoo.com

Fjpsam said...

I set the top pic as my desktop back ground...Thank you for loving my son...Grandpa in TN