Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Visitors

I havent said a lot on here lately, we have been so busy. I have been uploading photos for the benefit of those who havent visited us. Our friends from Ga came for 2 wks, one wk in our rental house and then they moved us into our new house (thanks!) quicker than we could have alone by far. Nikki even unpacked with me and she is quite fast at this! She and I spent most of the 2 wks making wardrobes, my 2 children and her 4 are now well outfited with some nice looking items. I will post more pics on this.
Next came Franks brother Jacob, wife Tristin and very adorable daughter Briley. They spent a few days with us and according to Frank, Jacob worked him to death. They got quite a bit done and we learned that uncle Jacob can dig a hole with post hole digger faster than Frank... Nathalie and I got to enjoy Briley quite a bit while the men worked, she is such a sweet baby and she makes me want lots more!
Next we had Franks parents visit with his sister and her 4 children. They are wonderfully behaved children and we had a lot of fun with them. Pam and Pauline helped me in the kitchen with cooking and applesauce making and the 2 of them with Tad and one other child (cant remember, was this nathan?) helped to clear my herb garden of flower bulbs so that I could plant it.
Franks dad and myself helped put together a greenhouse, more dad than me... Thanks Dad! It is 10x12 and its a real greenhouse, not a modified building which was my initial idea. Dad has a lot of knowledge on, well everything. He has spent his life learning and he is now a walking encyclopedia with life experience. He is currently in nsg school, and performing well of course. He gave me a lot of information on year around gardening, sun exposure and why does this plant look like it wants to die etc. Pictures of the greenhouse coming up as soon as I upload them from camera.
We were happy to have all of our visitors, and now we are finishing up the 2 adult jobs-like cutting down large limbs hanging precariously over a barn or outbuilding (in one case, the house!) and preparing for Frank to be deployed. The kids are mentally preparing, I am trying not to think about it too much. Frank has done so much work every day to make sure I am well prepared for a yr alone. He has fixed things, made things better, bought a new dishwasher and installed it and even found a handy man I can call if I need help with something.
I will miss him. He is the best man I know and I love him dearly.

No comments: