Friday, September 21, 2012

Goodbye...

Photobucket
Tad said good-bye to his long locks, the day after his first tumbling class. Hair is hard to keep up while tumbling. Both of the kids struggled with this, but Nathalie decided to keep her hair. Tad said he was done, he had been frustrated with his hair care for weeks. It is hard to deal with chlorine soaked hair.
Photobucket
Enter mama's sewing scissors. Nathalie said she would not take photos because she was total devastated. (her words) then I reminded her that I am the boss so she gladly (read-angrily) picked up the camera and followed us out.
Photobucket
This was our first sunny day in 10 days, and before that 10 days we had about 2 semi-sunny days, and before that, around 7 rainy ones. I mean... rain. Pouring. Gallons of water pouring from the sky. The entire valley is flooding. Last night, my uncle texted to say his basement flooded and that if I had any contacts upstairs, I would call in a favor to the Lord and ask for sun. I did and sure enough we got almost a whole day! It took an hr of this blessed sunshine to cut his hair.
Photobucket
I got it all cut off pretty short and he said he looked like a girl with a short hair cut, so he said he wanted a military hair cut. On this, I am out of practice. It didnt come out perfect.
Photobucket
Nathalie at this point said, I am all done. I said, punk get the camera and quit your crying. So she said yes ma'am in a very tearful tone.
Photobucket
He looked fairly dubious a time or two, and went to the mirror once coming back to say, nope. Not yet. Keep cutting. You should see the piles of hair we spread about for birds!
Photobucket
"Mama I be so upset! Mama, I wanted his hair made into a wig for me." Why does this matter so much to you punk? "Because, mama, he had hair any girl would love." oh well, sorry baby.
Photobucket
This is the finished, before shower, product. It looked much better after the shower, right now there is still a part in it which of course does not belong. It was not easy to cut straight because it lays wrong. It will re-train itself to lay proper. He says his head is freezing cold but that is nice to not have any hair to brush. He says next summer he wants a mowhawk again, one last hoo-rah for punk hair.

No comments: