Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trees


See the first picture? Taken with a flash. Second taken without, and the 2nd one looks like winter. You can see the "frost" which of course isnt frost at all. I captured these just before 7 am a few mornings ago when I came in from chores. Each day I see a sunrise or sunset, I run for my camera. They all start to look the same, but each evening and morning they seem so startlingly different from the day before.
I am grateful for such a life that allows me time to sit and enjoy the waking and sleeping of the sun, and the world.

2 comments:

Kenji said...

Love the pictures. We keep saying we need to start taking pictures of the sky. It is so beautiful out here.

Jo Abair said...

Its because you are in the great plains. The sunsets and rises here are stunning! Something about a larger sky because of flatter land. And early early in the morning, like 5 am early, if you will sit outside still in the open and feel the world wake up, it is more visually and emotionally stunning in such a flat, windy place. The lovliness of middle America is often downplayed...