Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas loveys!





These are presents for 2 of the babies I know! The first picture is a gift for Sidney, the baby we kept when she was smaller. She is almost 3 now and has a kitchen she really loves so we made her an apron, and one of our octopus loveys. The kids can make the octopus, so the smaller one of those is the most commonly gifted this year. The wooly pants, and the wooly pjs in the next picture are both 100 % wool and are washable and dryable! The pj set are for our neice Briley who lives in Tn.
The kids made a set of octopus for both my mom and dad and are really quite excited about it. When they are grown, they will look back and wonder what Nana and Grandaddy would possibly do with a lovey octopus. The brown reindeer looking creature is supposed to be a ghost, but I do bed to differ. Its a reindeer! The last picture is a LL Bean bag that some pants came in, my mom bought them for Frank. The bag needs a use, I cant see throwing it away! So we are filling it with loveys for My God Baby Willow. The turtle was my own creation, these other patterns came from ottobre. A giraffe and gingerbread man are in the making next!
I am using these as gift alternatives for some babies for 2 reasons. 1, it costs me less and we are trying NOT to go over budget this x mas. 2, I wont buy China on purpose anymore! It will accidently happen I am sure. But I wont buy them on principle and for safety issues. We dont have anything here that falls under recall, but I wont buy it for someone else either.

No comments: