Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanks and Merry Christmas


Last night my dad sent me an email with a link to a you tube video done by Lizzy Palmer, a 15 yr old girl. She made this video to remind us all that the soldiers are still out there working, and they still need our support. Even if you don't support this cause.
I don't know if I support this cause, I never tried to figure it out. And I never will. My soldier has been deployed, and will be again. Yes, I support it wholeheartedly. I hope that Lizzy has reminded many to do the same, whether you have a soldier there or not.
So here is my Christmas tree, it leans a little. I don't care a huge amount for decorating, but Frank does. He is away at school, not deployed, but away and always a soldier. And he will love to come home to lights and decorations, candles and wrapped gifts. Even though we miss him, and would rather hang lights with him, we do it for him when he is away.
I thank you all, out there fighting for freedom. I dont care what the cause is. In spite of the sand, hot days and cold nights, the worries and the discomfort, you are still there doing what you promised to do.
So thank you to my grandfather (Army), to my father(Navy retired), to my mother (Army reserves), to my brothers (Air Force, Army), to my sister (Natl Guard), to my brother in law (Natl Guard), and most of all my husband, Active Duty Army, my own personal hero and soldier. Thank you, thank for my country, for my freedom, for my rights, for my warm safe home, for your values, for your courage, for your bravery, for your many selfless acts. No matter what the cause, whether its yours or someone else's, you have fought for our homes. Thank you to the spouses and the children, thank you for giving your soldier. Thank you to many others I have met, and many I never will. I support you, forever. Merry Christmas, where ever you are.

1 comment:

ReginaML said...

Here here - thanks to all the brave men and women proudly serving our country.