Monday, July 18, 2011

Conversations

"Mama, can I take my baby chickens outside?" Tad loves his three bantam chicks, they were hatched by their mama but she was murdered by something and now we are raising them-er-the kids are raising them inside.

"Yeah but you are going to have a hard time keeping track of all three, what if one runs off." He looks startled and turns his head to the side.

"But mama, they love me. I am their daddy. That makes Nathalie... NOT the mama, the nanny!"

"Oh I see. You are their daddy." He nods and walks to the laundry room to collect his baby chickens.

"And that, my baby chickens " I hear him whisper "makes mama the evil head-master!"

*Note: we know that baby chickens are chicks, and baby goats are doelings/bucklings, baby cattle are calves. But we call them baby and the adult counter part. I think we actually say baby cows, which would mean female but we mean all cattle that are baby.

No comments: