Saturday, April 30, 2011

Storms

The storms that have torn through the south over this last week have destroyed homes and many lives. More lives were lost in these storms than almost any other tornado(s) in history. I have cried reading the stories, I prayed during the storms because my family and my best friend live in some of the states that were hit. My best friend lives in Ga, and almost my entire family live in Tn. My brother's work place was badly damaged, but none of my family was injured or even suffered loss.

My prayers continue to be with these families, especially those who lost members of their family. Entire families were lost, as were wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters.

Because we have a basement, we didnt lose our lives in a tornado. Because Ks has basements, the town of Chapman, Ks. had only one death and few injuries. I consider us lucky, and am grateful for our lives. I know that many of the people who died in these storms didnt have a safe place to be. I pray that they can get their lives back together and that this country will make us all proud and step up to the task at hand just as it has in the past.

No comments: