Sunday, August 23, 2009

Family


My brother in law, his wife and their two girls visited for a few days this last wk. We had an amazing time! I didnt take very many pictures... yes I am ashamed! They had a new baby and honestly I didnt take many pictures at all!


Jacob and Tad camped out one night, they managed to survive the zebra sized mosquitoes. Tad had a fabulous time camping, the girls all stayed inside in comfortable beds. Briley (their cute 3 yr old) managed to be far more bug bit than the guys by a random mosquito who spent the night indoors.


We had smores together despite us staying inside. Briley wasnt interested after a couple of bites and discarded it. Wouldnt that be simple, if your kid DIDNT love smores? Maybe give some carrots instead... Just kidding! This little girl is adorable, smart and so well behaved. Her parents have done a great job with her, she is so fun and sweet. We enjoyed her and the new baby, who seems to sleep and smile most of the time! Except for that pooping... OH MY!


Nathalie is laying on the bench here, she and briley were both pretty exhausted from playing all day inside, outside, up and down the stairway. Jacob worked every day that he was here, he cut up trees with the chainsaw, did fencing with me, IE taught me how to fence... Fixed the trailer tire, used some pretty cool power tools, moved around/took apart some furniture, carried the heavy things, took the kids shooting, helped-IE did the bulk of the work with a friend who was helping-put 1100 pound bales of hay in the barn, closed that area off from the goats... The list goes on. He helped me enormously with the accomplishment of my to do list. It was an overwhelming list for me.

I am thankful for family, and thankful for family and friends who support us and help care for us when Frank is gone. It means a lot to us. This deployment will be over soon but I will have memories of this year of people who went out of their way to help us. This was the biggest, they drove 12 hrs with 2 babies to help me, visit with me and overall have a great time.


No comments: