Friday, July 18, 2008

Review

Just posting a review on a fabric company, there are some great ones out there but this one... not so great. I think maybe its just too big, its a huge company and they may have lost their personal care.
www.fashionfabricsclub.com I believe is merged with Denver Fabrics. I bought some corduroy (which wasnt in the pkg), some twill, denim, ribbed knit and interlock knit. The dark brown interlock is a deep purple, but soft. The light blue ribbing doesnt have any stretch, I mean zero! Ribbing is supposed to be super stretchy 2 way. One of the "cotton twills" is the old polyester knit my grandma used to wear, feels really nasty. And the "chocolate brown twill," a color I normally love, is an icky color of cat vomit. The "dark navy denim" is striped with light blue all over, looks very girly but definitely not a solid navy as the picture showed.
The other fabrics, some ribbings, denim and twill are usable, relatively nice fabrics but it wasn't worth all this waiting! I definitely recommend against using this company. They kindly said I can send the unwanted pcs back, which is nice, and they will refund my shipping back. I still wasted shipping money getting it here and I planned on these pieces for outfits so I now have to find them elsewhere and wait.
On a better note, I definately recommend using www.sewzannesfabrics.com. She is fabulous! Her fabrics are true to photo and very high quality at competitive prices. Her customer service is astounding, she once sent me the wrong piece and more than made up for her mistake and did it happily. She has made no other order mistakes, her fabric is flawless and lovely. Her shipping is faster than any other company I have used. I get her items within 2 days even though she is in California and I used to live in South Carolina! The only reason I cheated on her lovely company and ordered from another is because she was out of some colors I needed... I learned my lesson!

1 comment:

Angoraknitter said...

Wow, thanks for the link. I've been with Fabric Fashion club for over 4 years now...and I loath the long wait. I once got the wrong fabric...and they sent me the correct one free of charge right away...but I have received a few where the colors were different from the picture. I've just sort of learned to live with it...but I've not bought any in a while cause the prints weren't so exciting. Your other shop looks promising, I'll have to try it out.