Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New projects






Check out what my husband made for me! Tomorrow is my b day, though he says this is just because. He has talked for some time about making racks for my fabric. He used 2 x 4s to make this, and the wheels all pivot. They are large industrial wheels that even roll on the stone sidewalks outside. He made it so that it fits through a standard door way for moving purposes. Its the appropriate height for standard ceilings. Very well supported through the back, its quite sturdy. Each frame will fit 4 large bales, by large I mean big around. A frame for bales of PUL could fit 5-6, not sure yet. He can make narrower ones for bales of fabric that are tubular.

The bars going through the bales are metal conduit, and they can hold shorter bales fine. He is building a table for cutting, that will be hip height and the bale can roll right out onto it and he bought multiple wooden measuring sticks to nail down to the table... This will make cutting fabric so much simpler!

2 comments:

Angoraknitter said...

That's so super cool! I wish my husband was half that handy! It looks like you're getting cleaned up and back on track a bit out there. I'm so glad to see.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! We are getting back on track, though we are moving again in 4 mo so I musnt get too comfortable with being in one place...