Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Making herbs



Well I bought the herbs, some loose herb and am tincturing it. I also bought some already tinctured herb for a friend who needed a formula. We spent part of the morning playing with our little brown bottles!
My friend in Ga, Nikki, is earning her degree in herbology. A few years ago I became interested in learning natural medicine, but it wasnt something I wanted to play at. I wanted to truly know it. So after a few yrs of picking her brain and of using herbs for our family, I am slightly better educated. I have learned that it will take a lifetime to fill my head with all I desire to know on this subject! I have now started reading some books on homeopathy and find it even more deep than herbal studies.
Basically this knowledge enhances our quality of life and allows us to cure problems and treat them long term rather than just covering them up. I have no interest in being sick, and common colds dont happen in our house. We had the flu I think, a wk or so ago. Nathalie ran a slight fever and felt nauseous, she took herbs every 2 hrs and at one point I gave her belladona for the fever. Neither of us have become ill, and I think it wasnt too bad! We took a herbal remedy called flu fighter for 3 days along with our regular immune boost and vit c dose.
I think that this type of medical care fits in with our life style, and I plan on learning much more about it. Check back if you are interested!

No comments: